Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can you tell me the procedures in florida to remove children…

Customer Question
Can you tell me...

Can you tell me the procedures in florida to remove children from my home. I believe mine were taken without any imminent threat. Also what should i do

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

The court has appointed one but not yet , tomorrow bit im son is 5 months and strictly breast fed and she took them any way

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Ocala florida. Marion county

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/25/2017
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Child protection has the right to remove children from any home where they believe the children may be in imminent danger of harm or abuse. So, they will need to prove that there was a chance of further harm or abuse continuing if they did not remove the child from the situation pending their investigation.

So, you would have the right in court, not to CPS, to prove that CPS had no cause to believe that the child would be in continuous danger.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer