Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My husband has lied on his paperwork on how we have been…

Customer Question
My husband has lied...

My husband has lied on his paperwork on how long we have been seperated. I have proof of how long we have been separated. What do I do next

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

South Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I go Monday

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes I really don't want a divorce and he suffers from mental illness too

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/24/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 12 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You can slow down the divorce by filing an answer refuting the date of separation.You have to decide if it is worth fighting for and backing him off for several months.It may well be here.

Here are answer forms , use free preview to see them.

https://www.uslegalforms.com/us/US-02179BG.htm

You could ask the court for mental exam of the other party too if you choose.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.