Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

The Florida Marriage Guide states that there is a 3 day

The Florida Marriage Guide...

The Florida Marriage Guide states that there is a 3 day waiting period after

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to know if the 3 day waiting period starts the day you get the marriage license or does it start the next day

9/24/2017
Loren, Lawyer
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
It is 3 days from the date of the application.
Also, the waiting period is waived if you take a prenuptial class.Please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.
Loren, Lawyer