Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

In California, is there a provision in the law for the

family court to order a...
In California, is there a provision in the law for the family court to order a mental health evaluation of my partner (divorce pending) for mental challenges causing behaviors that has caused reasons for the divorce? Narcissistic, sociopathic, and psychopathic in nature. 40 yr old white female from eastern Europe. Has 15 yr old daughter who is directly being effected by her mother and the pending divorce. No, this is not a retaliation. She's good enough to manipulate the family therapist into providing a false written statement against me based on a covert smear campaign delivered from my partner and in person three times. Effective so far at manipulation two superior court judges based on lies.Secondly, what legal recourse if any do I have with the family therapist? I've already filed a complaint with the licensing place and that process continues. When confronting the psychotherapist, she twists timeline of events and how they actually happened. Yes, I believe she chose sides.
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Thank you. Take you time.

You can write the divorce court judge here for such an evaluation or have your lawyer motion the court.Either way the court may set it for hearing and may grant such a request if you have valid reasons.You would have to get the judge to agree to your request.

You're speaking about here in California, correct?

Reference to California law

http://www.divorcenet.com/resources/mental-health-issues-and-divorce-california.html

I appreciate the chance to help you and wish you the best.Thanks.

Yes California law above.

Thanks again and thanks for rating 5 stars.Wish you the best.

Thank you. And the second question?

Secondly, what legal recourse if any do I have with the family therapist? I've already filed a complaint with the licensing place and that process continues. When confronting the psychotherapist, she twists timeline of events and how they actually happened. Yes, I believe she chose sides.

You might ask court for a second opinion here.This person appear biased as you state.You deserve a second opinion motion the judge or write them.

Alright. And if writing the court, is that a communication I need to let my partner be aware of in both cases? I'm Pro Per because of costs and financial hardship.

Yes copy other party the rules require it.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Okay, thanks Ray.

You are so welcome have a great evening.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer