Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

The DOR enforced a motion that was denied by a judge for…

Customer Question
The DOR enforced a motion...
The DOR enforced a motion that was denied by a judge for increased child support with retroactive (3 months). They claim they couldn't read the hand written judgement. They'll put it in their legal department but already drained and levied my son's bank account. What can he do?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/23/2017
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

DOR is fairly incompetent and overworked with these support issues and they believe they are above the authority of the court. What you will have to do is file a motion for order to show cause for contempt against DOR and bring the matter back to court to demand correction and damages the refusal to collect the proper amount has caused him to incur. There is nothing you can do over the weekend I am afraid. The only thing your son can do is go to court on an emergency motion for contempt and objection to levy and get the court to order them to return the money and ask for damages for intentionally ignoring the court's orders.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer