Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I need a family law Attorney. I employed my 4th Attorney in…

Customer Question
I need a family law...
I need a family law Attorney. I employed my 4th Attorney in my divorce. This is not my fault. I know it looks this way but it's not I had very bad luck. The first lied and said I was to be told about my Initial Status Conference from my husbands Attorney then scared me saying your husband says you have guns and rifles. I confronted her saying she was suppose to tell me Courts said so she withdrew. The second didn't go to get me my Alimony through Courts her financial person -accountant had screamed at me saying what do you want your husband to do & pay you, etc. it was recorded. I called my attorney told her why I was unhappy and she said look I agree I'm withdrawing. The third didn't tell me of discovery deadline or any others ok. Then told my husbands Attorney I was unrespondent. I said can I please get my court files back she said your harassing me NO. I went with the police she wouldn't open the door the officer told me. So here I am on the 4th yes 4th... he told me in the hallway look if I had my choice I would tell the Judge your insane so you win and get the most money. I was like really ... he said were gonna tell her your under so much stress that this is why you had problems with your Attorneys. It's not true.
He then said, " Hopefully she'll give you a guardian I'll ask for one. I'm in my 40's don't need it. He told the Judge, " she is very intelligent & competent plays the stock market too". " However for her emotional state she needs one the stress".. My husband abused me many years and he knows this. I don't get to bring it up nope. I had to tell the Judge I"m very stressed the Guardian I need. Is this a bad strategy playing on Judges sympathy. I told her my husband never answers me feels I"m inferior did bad things behind my back etc.. I'm very stressed he shocked me with all of this. She let me get a guardian but said they are mostly for minors to my Attorney. Yes, I'm worried after 23 years of Marriage losing my home Alimony is low right now etc..
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
My husband is an abuser and manipulator very controlling. I have been in therapy 3 years now. I learned he controls by silent treatments, stonewalling, blame shifting & twisting and turning things on me that he is doing. He gets pleasure out of my pain he may have guns and rifles. I was at home with our two dogs and a cat.. one is a puppy. I love gardening etc.. my hobby.
He lied in Court today gave me the passcode to our accounts then said I spied on the accounts after my last Attorney requested it. My new Attorney said, " what a liar liar liar". " Unbelievable"... so here we are.
9/23/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

My Attorney has told me we need and want sympathy from the Judge. As your attorney if I could tell her your insane I would. So in Court tell her how stressed you are be sad. So I did this ok. My question is why is my Attorney having me do this gain sympathy? My husband is an abuser and the case involves a lot of money many assets stocks, ira's, savings, trusts etc.. my Alimony right now is low due to last Attorneys mistake I feel. Thanks
Why would my Attorney want to tell the Judge here in Colorado I'm insane? Wouldn't that hurt my case?
I could lose my home my husband and I both own if insane? Or money too Alimony half of assets yes? So why would the attorney tell her this if he could I'm insane? I'm wondering?

Thank you for the information.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Unfortunately, I do not know what your Attorney's strategy or motive is. However, whether you would be eligible for alimony would depend on the factors such as your financial resources, your health, the length of the marriage, etc. For more information, click here.

As for division of marital asset, the Court would look at various factors including the contribution of the parties to the acquisition of the asset, the need of the parties in dividing the property equitably. Equitable does not automatically mean 50/50 but can ultimately result in that after review of the factors.

Goodluck with your case,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law