Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My husband & I are separated, I was his POA, we d the papers…

Customer Question
My husband & I...

My husband & I are separated, I was his POA, we d the papers put on file.Can he change his POA,without me being there?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

West Virginia,but I've sinced moved to Rockport Tx.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I know when we sidn

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I know when we signed the papers,some guy came around & said they would be filed in morgantown WV. Is a living will the samething?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/22/2017
Family Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by JustAnswer. If you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

A person can have any number of Powers of Attorney at one time. So he could have as many as he wanted if he wanted to give multiple people authority to make decisions for him.

.

However, in order to revoke a POA, he has to do so in writing with a signed, notarized, written revocation delivered to any holder of a POA in order for it to be effective.

.

But a Living Will is also called a Health Care POA and gives the holder the right to make medical decisions for the grantor.

.'

A regular financial POA and a health care POA are two completely different documents granting different powers..

.

.

thanks

Family Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 10 months ago

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much