How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD 1992 Your Own Question
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34389
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JD 1992 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son-in-law has filed for divorce and he has attached a

Customer Question

My son-in-law has filed for divorce and he has attached a document that is false. he is trying to get out of paying child support or wants it to be as low as he can get it. so he states he makes less money then he really does.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New Mexico.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet but I was wanting to know what statute this would be under so I could read it.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response.

If you receive a notice or email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the notice or email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

What statute is what under?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Providing a district court with false documents
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

It really depends on exactly what happens and what the document states but the statute that usually applies is perjury which is covered by NM Stat Sec. 30-25-1 which you can read at

It can also be fraud and some others but perjury is the charge that can always be relied on.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.