Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

If I get remarried is child support recalculated including

my husbands income?...
If I get remarried is child support recalculated including my husbands income?
9/22/2017
Longhorn Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

During this conversation, you might experience some delays while I work with several customers at the same time, or I am preparing a response to you. Please do not click Opt Out expecting a faster response. This results in more delays while waiting for another Expert. I assure you I will help you in due time. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will be asked to give a rating - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated. This is important because this is how I credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: Your remarriage won’t directly affect child support in California because in the vast majority of cases unless the child would suffer extreme hardship if the new spouse's income is not used, only the child’s biological parents have a legal duty to support the child, not the child’s stepparents. In other words, in California, the new spouse's income is not considered unless there are extraordinary circumstances causing extreme and severe hardship to the child.

I hope that answers your questions. Please remember to give me credit for doing my job by clicking on 4 or 5 stars at the top of your screen.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Longhorn Lawyer
Longhorn Lawyer
Longhorn Lawyer
Longhorn Lawyer, Lawyer