Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I need to file a motion to dismiss but I can't find a legal…

Customer Question
I need to file...

I need to file a motion to dismiss but I can't find a legal document preparation company in Gila, County, Arizona.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I was recently served with Child Support Enforcement by Gila County, Arizona. September of 2009 a Judge, and the custodial parent, and the State of Arizona signed a Satisfaction of Judgment for the case.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

The lawyer was unsure because he had not seen the documents in the case.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/22/2017
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

I’m sorry to hear about your situation. One of the things that you may want to try is going to www.thubmtack.com and looking for a doc prep company in nearby Maricopa County or one in your area that you may not have been able to find as quickly as you would hope. If you can’t find one, you can always do a motion to dismiss yourself. For instance, in the motion to dismiss, you should find some 28 line pleading paper (usually a word document template) and you can type up your motion there. Usually, the motion to dismiss will identify all of the claims for relief made by the other party and you will explain why you believe the court should dismiss the claim. Because you aren’t an attorney, the judge won’t hold you to as high as a standard; however, you will at least have the chance for the judge to review your case and you can do it for relatively cheap.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer