Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My wife and I are separated. she seeking child support. I…

Customer Question
My wife and I...

My wife and I are separated. she seeking child support. I still pay mortgage auto ins. groceries . she says I cant see my kids what do I do ? can she stop me

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Mn

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There's so much

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/22/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Unfortunately, you need to take the matter to Court. This would require you filing for divorce and filing Motion for Custody and Visitation and requesting that the Court grant you custody and visitation rights to your children. Until the Court has ruled, there is nothing you can do to force the issue with your wife because each married parent has equal rights to the children until the Court has ruled on the issue of custody and visitation. So, your wife can prevent you from seeing the children without legal repercussions and you can peacefully take the children away from her without legal repercussion.

You can obtain divorce forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Best wishes,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law