Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

MY EX AND I HAVE BEEN SEPARATED FOR ABOUT THREE YEARS AND WE…

Customer Question
HI MY EX AND...

HI MY EX AND I HAVE BEEN SEPARATED FOR ABOUT THREE YEARS AND WE STAYED LIVING IN THE SAME HOUSE BECAUSE OF THE KIDS NOW HE IS DATING SOMEONE AND IS CONSIDERING MOVING IN WITH THIS PERSON BUT HE WANTS TO TAKE MY YOUNGEST CHILD TO LIVE WITH HIM HE HAS GONE AS FAR AS TRYING TO BRIBE MY CHILD TO LEAVE WITH HIM IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ME TO FILE A CUSTODY CASE FOR MY CHILDREN

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

LOS ANGELES CALIFORNIA

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

NO I HAVE NO IDEA AS TO WHAT TO DO

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

WELL I WOULD ASLO LIKE TO KNOW IF I AM ABLE TO GET CHILD SUPPORT AS WELL

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/21/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am very sorry to hear this;

Yes, CA does allow a party to file for child custody and visitation. The court can only award child support retroactice to the date the motion is filed and served so it is best to file as soon as possible.

The parties may choose to later file for legal separation or divorce, or they may remain as is and just have the custody and support orders.

Here is a link to the appropriate forms, along with instructions.

I certainly hope this helps.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:

LegalGems
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer