Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

What is a collaborative divorce. I just heard someone

What is a collaborative divorce...
What is a collaborative divorce. I just heard someone mention it
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Cook county Illinois
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: WHile in the process of filing, is there any protection for me in case my spouse hurts someone while driving intoxicated? I am worried IF something happens, would our home be protected from compensation lawsuits
9/21/2017
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

A collaborative divorce has gained in popularity in the past several years, as its focus is on mediation (reaching a settlement) versus litigation. This allows the parties to remain civil, and if children are involved, helps the parents co-parent, since they are not adversaries, but are rather working together towards a common goal: to end the marriage in an amicable way.

That information is here

Both parties remain liable for one another's expenses/obligations until a judgment of divorce is entered; but the court may assign certain debt to particular parties (ie the party that incurred the obligation).

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
LegalGems
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer