Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My husband is in prison and I want to file for a divorce.

Customer Question
My husband is in...

My husband is in prison and I want to file for a divorce. I've been told that it would be cheaper due to the fact that he is in prison. My questions are one: is that true that it would be cheaper? and two: how would I go about filing for one?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That his lifestyle choices are the reason why I want to divorce him.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/21/2017
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 10 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Will he agree to the divorce or is he going to contest it?