Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I currently live in ca. I lived in Phoenix, Az and purchased…

I currently live in...

I currently live in ca. I lived in Phoenix, Az and purchased a credentials evaluation business. As part of the division of property, he was awarded the business. I would like to know how would I go about ensuring that my name is ***** ***** any legal documents relating to ownership of of the business because with things he has done in the past, I do not to be associated or caught up with any false accusations related to any of the business dealings he may be engaged in. What agency would I need to contact to see who is listed as the owner of the co. And if he did not remove my name, how would I go about doing that.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I'm not sure what was filed or reported because I was and am living in Ca, as I was at the time the divorce decree was finalized

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

The divorce was filed and finalized in Phoenix, Az

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. I want and need to know that all ties have been severed with this man

9/21/2017
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

The first question I have is what type of entity was the business? A corporation, LLC or sole proprietorship? And by what method did you transfer ownership?

Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney
I believe it was a sole proprietorship. I have a copy of the divorce decree in front of me . In the decree it states that the husband/respondent shall receive The business, including any and all inventory, office furniture and equipment, accounts receivable. Respondent/husband shall refrain from utilizing Petitioner/Wife's name in conjunction with the operation of the business. After I received the decree from my attorney in Phoenix, I don't recall doing anything else with regards ***** ***** of ownership
Phone call session started