Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

We have been reported to the aps falsely by a

Customer Question
We have been reported...

We have been reported to the aps falsely by a neighbor...police came and stated they said everything is alright here meanwhile aps has been harassing me and my mother to do a welfare check??? I have been taking care of my mother for years

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Ohio and they have no right to come in our house my mother does not want them in here my friend said do not let them in they will find something to put her in a nursing home

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Someone called the aps but police came after I did not let aps in and let the police in and they said is everyone ok my mother and I did not know what was going on....they looked around and said there is nothing here

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Meanwhile the aps is harassing me to come and visit...I have nothing to hide...we have been falsely accused I just worry about them putting my mother in a nursing home without her consent or mine...

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think the APS came first and we did not answer the door and I think APS called the police to come to our house...but I do not think they filed a report because there is nothing to report!!!! This is ridiculous...I have a gut feeling not to trust them...I have read horror stories online about them! making visits and trying to find anything to make it look like it was not reported falsely.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/21/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I hope you are an elder law attorney LOL!

What is your question?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Don't they have to have solid evidence to get a court order to come in our house??? What are our rights?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
In other words should I let them in our house???
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did I just get ripped off!!!!

When you ask a question, you need to give the Attorney who is answering the question a chance to get the question, review it and post a response. Also, you are not the only one the Attorney is working with.

As you recall, I asked you for your specific question. You did not provide it. I had to ask a second time. I cannot sit around waiting for your response while I leave other site users that also need my help waiting.

If you still want to work with me, kindly let me know so that I can post my my answer. Otherwise, I will opt out and let another Attorney to further assist you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I asked the question...Don't they have to have solid evidence to get a court order to come in our house??? What are our rights?
In other word should I let the APS in my house????
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would like to work with you and get an answer that I paid for above is my question. thank you!

Thanks!

Response: APS do not have to have solid evidence to come into your home. However, they cannot come into your home without your consent or Court Order. So, if APS has no Court Order, you have no legal obligation to let them in.

Response: You should not if there is no Court Order. Also, you are under no obligation to speak with the APS.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you I appreciate it!!

You are quite Welcome!

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.