RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

I'm in Texas and am having a Texas central registry

I'm in Texas and am having a Texas central registry background check done for employment. I've had CPS investigate a few years ago but never received a closure letter. The worker said she was closing the case. Will a CPS investigation that was ruled out show up on the central registry?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No just need to know. I read that all investigations are listed on there regardless of outcome.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that I was not aware that I could request removal of the record.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

No if the investigation was closed as being unfounded it will not appear on a background check.If an investigation ends with reason to believe they have to allow you appeal rights to an administrative appeal at the State Office of Administrative Hearings.Since it was closed it will not appear on any central registry background check.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I never received a closure letter - is that something I should be concerned about?

No it is only if they make a positive finding here would it show.

5321 Purpose of Central Registry Searches

LPPH April 2013

Policy

The Centralized Background Check Unit (CBCU) conducts Central Registry searches to determine whether a person’s presence at the operation violates the licensing statute, administrative rules, or minimum standards or presents a risk to the health and safety of children in care.

The DFPS Central Registry is made up of the following individuals (IMPACT codes are shown in parentheses):

a. Designated perpetrator (DP)

b. Designated both (DB), meaning both victim and perpetrator

c. Sustained perpetrator (SP) in a Child Protective Services (CPS) or Licensing abuse or neglect investigation

d. Sustained both (SB) in a CPS or Licensing abuse or neglect investigation and

e. Designated perpetrator (DP) in an Adult Protective Services Facility investigation with a disposition of Confirmed and in which the victim was a child.

https://www.dfps.state.tx.us/handbooks/Licensing/Files/LPPH_pg_5300.asp

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Thank you so much! With all the misinformation I've been told this is a huge load off my mind! ������

I wish you the best, ***** ***** great evening.