Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Me and child's mother are back together. How to file joint…

Customer Question
Me and child's mother are...
Me and child's mother are back together. How to file joint complaint to end child support in Mississippi?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Are the parents married or living together?

Not married. Just living together

Thank you;

so basically the parties would need to stipulate (agree) to terminate child support, based on the parents' reconciliation. It is within the discretion of the court, if the parents are not married, whether to terminate. If the parents are living together (versus reconciling without cohabitating) then the court will usually terminate the order.

Normally the parties will draft a stipulation stating that they agree to terminate, and submit it to the court and request an order via a motion to terminate child support.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

LegalGems
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer