How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42869
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Document drafting for child support agreement proposal with

This answer was rated:

Document drafting for child support agreement proposal with protective order which states that the individual will not disparage or defame the other party. I can provide details.My husband fathered a child outside of our marriage. We found out after the child was born. We have yet to see the child and not ready to take on visitation yet, but we want to try to establish financial support for now. The woman just so happen to work at the same company as my husband. They work in the state of Virginia. She lives in Va and we live in Wash. DC.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Here are the forms you would use to draft such an agreement and file it in Virginia where the mother resides with the child.

You would have custody and visitation rights set out in the agreement.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.I wish you the best.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much apprciated.

You may want to consider a local lawyer to draft an get this filed.

Finding a Lawyer Using VLRS

Call(###) ###-####(metro Richmond)
or(###) ###-####(Statewide and Nationwide Toll-Free Number)

How Lawyer Referral Works

If you think you have a problem (or matter) that may require the services of a lawyer, call the Virginia Lawyer Referral Service. Your call will be answered by a referral specialist who will request your name, address, phone number, and a brief description of your problem. Please be aware that the referral specialists are not lawyers, and are unable to answer legal questions or to provide any form of legal advice. If it is determined that you would benefit from discussing your matter with a lawyer, you will be referred to a private lawyer. You will be given the name and telephone number of a lawyer in the city or county in Virginia you requested who has an interest in handling your type of legal issue. The lawyer will be licensed and a member in good standing with the Virginia State Bar. You will then be instructed to call the lawyer to schedule an up to 30-minute consultation. Any information that you provide will be strictly confidential.

Initial and Follow-Up Cost

If you are referred to a lawyer, you will be entitled to consult with him or her for up to one-half hour for a prepaid fee of $35. You will pay the initial consult fee by VISA or MasterCard at the time of referral. Mail-in pre-payment by money order is also accepted. The initial consultation may answer your questions and enable you to solve your problem. If your problem requires additional time and work, you will be responsible for any additional legal fees. The lawyer you consult with will be glad to discuss his or her fees and the cost of services beyond the initial consultation. However, there is no obligation for either you or the lawyer to go beyond the initial consultation. Please note the VLRS does not offer free or pro bono legal assistance. The referred private lawyer will charge for any and all additional services.

When you call the VLRS, it may be determined that you do not need the assistance of a lawyer and the referral specialist may suggest other appropriate government or social service agencies to help resolve your problem.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you.. not looking to have visitation at this time. We'd only like to set up support at this time. It's all so new and the child is only 7 weeks old. Maybe in the future visitation could possibly be arranged.

She can file with Virginia child support but you won't get visitation only support to her.

This would work for that

You are so welcome, good luck here.Thanks for rating 5 stars.

RayAnswers and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you