Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am calling to get some information for my son who lives in…

Customer Question
I am calling to...

I am calling to get some information for my son who lives in W. Palm beach County FL, his wife wants to get a divorce, She left him approximately 2 years or so. He had a really good job at the time as a GM at a car dealer ship but since then does not have that job. Now he is bringing home a net pay of $4,500. per month. The Judge the first time they went to court she took him for child support and alimony. The Judge ordered him to pay $4,500 per month and all lawyers fees. So with that he met with his wife and they agreed on their own that we would only take $3000 per month. But now she wants to go to court and get the divorce. She has a lawyer that is trying to get everything he can for her which I know lawyers are supposed to do, but my son has no money to get a lawyer. He also has joint custody with her he has the children 1 week and he has them the next. She also has a degree that she is a Physicians Assistant and does not have to work to help support her own children, Why ? How can he get legal help ? Thank you very much I will appreciate help in this matter . Barbara Caldwell

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

NO , my son has no money for a lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of except does the lawyer know the Florid law ?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/20/2017
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Thank you for your patience. I'm sorry to hear about your son's situation. It's difficult When somebody doesn't have money for an attorney, but if he is Indigent then He may have some resources available to him through the state of Florida. If you click here, you can see what pro bono associations are nearby so that way he can find one in his County. What are the questions did you have for me? .Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer