Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I was involved with a lady that said just wait until she had…

Customer Question
I was involved with...

I was involved with a lady that said just wait until she had some legal matters with her son straightened out and we will get married. Since then she has talked me out of over $24,000.00 to help her out what legal actions do I have I have all of the checks

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Her son has been convicted of sexual child abuse with a minor

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/20/2017
Family Lawyer: Longhorn Lawyer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Longhorn Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

During this conversation, you might experience some delays while I work with several customers at the same time, or I am preparing a response to you. Please do not click Opt Out expecting a faster response. This results in more delays while waiting for another Expert. I assure you I will help you in due time. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

The information you've provided is not enough for me to make any sort of assessment.

Did you have a written agreement/contract for this money?

Was this supposed to be a loan? Was there an understanding that this was a loan?

nothing in writing just a verbal however she did take the money and endoesed all the checks

What do you mean "just a verbal"? Just a verbal what?

forget it I know I lost

So you do not want any more help with this question?