Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Say the father of my kids and i have been together for

Customer Question
5years now he has custody...
say the father of my kids and i have been together for 5years now he has custody of my kids over a domestic violence case wen he use to put hands on me nd he turned it into a drug case on me the domestic got tossed out he recetly went to jail for threatinf me with a weapon...i couldnt do wat the court orders cause i was more focused om him in which he manipulated me amd use me for his pleasures and now he kicked me out the house again left me without nothing wen i was the only one cleaning the house fixing the house washing nd cooking for him he destroyed me mentaly.physicaly and emotionally not once but twice now i feel hopless and unuseful low self esteem im 26 so not full of life anymore and hes 47years old with a $30hr payrate and i unemployed
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/20/2017
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 11 months ago
Michael Bradley
What is your specific questions?
what can i do to get custody of my kids and i really wanna get justice back for all them years that he really hurted me and i waisted i was a whole different person to who i em now and i really dont think its fair how he can be so cruel i have no friends my family prefers his side i started to use due to him his accusations gave me lots and lots of sleepless nights i cant remember the last time i slept good i lost focus of everything cause i was more focused on him he had me that way nd i regret it all he shouldnt be that way only cause hes older way older them me he will always have to right of way
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 11 months ago
Where are the children now and is there a court order in place
my mom had custody but today he left to court nd ditched me in the morning so i couldnt make it i had no ride no fone he left he helpless so i wouldnt make it so i guess they gave him the kids but i only couldnt comply with wat the court orderd cause during the time of the case process my brother who was a year younger then me past away and then after that not so long my father passes away so adding to all the stress i had already going thru the childrens services i was so devestated nd despressed and then to top it off the father of my kids was making believe he wanted to work things out with me but he was only argueing..,cussing at.., sayin false accusations..separated me from the friends i had made before just totaly mind played me i hope u do understand i do love him but i feel like he was only useimg me he was only happy wen he wanted to be intamite but after that we were back at the accusations and name calling nd threaten me to throw me out and all...i didnt understand wat he wanted and now im staying in a motel room while he at home with everything...
since i didnt make it to court i dont know wat they decided but all i know is he got the kids how can he wen he was just charged with and excon with a firearm just on saturday and he bailed himself out
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 11 months ago
The court will not entertain placing the children with you until you have a stable house and ability to care for them
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 11 months ago
I would contact the court to see what happened at court.
that i understand i know if i cant provide for myself i cant for my kids but i always took care of them he was always working dcfs stepped in for domestic violence cause he was arrested for putting hands on me but then he told the workers i was on drugs the first two test i came out clean i relapsed thanx to him nd the sudden 2 deaths i had...court tossed out the domestic violence long gone even thougj the abuse was there nd still continued while the kids were out the house nd it was only me and him...yes he did classes and all his test were clean it was easy for him he had a car and the money and nobody to accuse him of seeing other people or being accused of not careing for the other partner so i couldnt do nothing towards myself he was always working left me at home scared to leave
but is there a chance i can get them back after they have been placed with him...what is it i have to do next besided proveing to them i cam be goodd
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 11 months ago

yes there is a chance but you need to put yourself in a place where they can be placed with you

have a job, a place to stay where they all can live, stay clean, I would take a parenting class as well

be committed to have no contact or reliance on him for anything

Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 10 months ago

can I help further?