Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My child's father and I were never married, ever since the…

Customer Question
My child's father and...

My child's father and I were never married, ever since the first unsupervised visit, he continued to bring his girlfriend along and around my 2 year old daughter,especially when they all slept together in the same hotel room. In less than a week after the visit with my daughter's father, I noticed a dramtic change in her behavior, I took her to be seen by a child psychiatrist and she states based off her professional opinion, my daughter might have witnessed her father having sexual relations with his girlfriend in front of my daughter! I confronted them both and they refused to answer. I'm still a single mother and I have not been in a relationship with anyone for almost 7 months, so it wasn't coming from me. Whats more frustrating is that the girlfriends brother IS BIPOLAR and is living with her and my ex in a 2 bdrm condo which has no room is set up or even prepared for my daughter and he wants to have my only child sleep over at his new place, where his own 3 children he shares with his wife doesn't allow them to spend the night. What can I do to protect my baby????!!!

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

California city San Diego

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I've spoken to at least 2 and they both stated that unless there was any reports done by child protective services, there's nothing I can do to stop it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes my ex filed contempt against me for not delivering him my daughter. Which I only refuse to keep her safe at the time from harassing me and having associates of his make violent threats against me.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/19/2017
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 9 months ago
Michael Bradley

I would file a custody modification petition asking for supervised visitation without the girlfriend

denying visitation opens you up for contempt

you need to be proactive