Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

WI, No, I received a financial disclosure from child

Customer Question
WI Lawyer's Assistant: Have...

WI

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I received a financial disclosure from child support. Many things have changed since last order: 1 My income has increased 4 fold, the CP has moved out of state and possibly country, not sure if child is with mother or grandmother, My other child has turned 18. I am taking care of my aging mother, I have large medical bills 100k+, I have a permanent partial disability. Sorry for the long list but seems like these would all be relevant.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/19/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Are you asking if you can motion the court for modification and disclosure?
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
That is what I am asking. The current support amount is $90 per week. The new order would be approximately $400 per week. Is there caps on increase amounts? Also have experience with courts allowing no or reduced amounts of support payments while payer is in school, personal experience. This along with the other factors previously mentioned.
Thank you
Dominic
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
a motion be pursued. Courts normally adjust the amount based on need and change in financial circumstances taking into account cost of living for the parties. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. There is no cap to the changes. if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Ely, Counselor at Law