Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My daughter is 18 and attending a community college taking…

Customer Question
My daughter is 18...

My daughter is 18 and attending a community college taking an EMT course 6-10 Pm 2 days per week and living with me. Is this considered half-time per Educational Support Order in CT?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, not yet. I thought this was a general question.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't believe so.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/19/2017
Family Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

How many credits is she taking?

That is, how many credits is this course?

It is vocational class so it is only considered 4 credits although classes are 8 hours per week.

Thank you

half time is 6 or more credits (up to 12)

So 4 credits will not qualify as half time

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

That is what teacher said but I have searched online and some are receiving 6 hours. How can I verify this?

That is standard, that is, it is standard for universities to consider half time from 6-12 units...if you speak to the university, they will confirm this. It is the same nationwide.