Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Does the state of PA recognize a marriage license issued

from the District of Columbus...
Does the state of PA recognize a marriage license issued from the District of Columbus to get married in PA
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response.

If you receive a notice or email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the notice or email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

No, you have to get your marriage license in PA if that is where you are going to be married.

I don't know of any states that accept a marriage licence from another state to get married.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Dwayne B., thank you for your response it was very helpful

You are very welcome. Please don't forget to issue a 5-star positive rating so I can receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

Thank you very much for allowing me to assist you. While the answers I give can't always be "good news", since the law can't always be favorable to everyone, I do strive to be as accurate as possible and to answer any follow up questions to the best of my ability.

You may receive a survey of some kind in the next day or so regarding your experience here at JustAnswer. Please be advised that I am responsible for the content of my answers but not with the issues of website performance or anything other than the answer. I hope that you will consider issuing a Positive Rating regarding my service to you so that I can continue helping others.

If I can ever provide assistance to you in the future please feel free to ask for me by starting your new question with "FOR DWAYNE B ONLY" and I will pick up as soon as I see the question.

JD 1992
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer