Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

Does nevada offer the same safe haven that florida does in

Does nevada offer the same safe haven that florida does in regard to not paying alimony anymore from the previous state you lived in
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I live in s.c.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Do you mean in nevada
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Actually, NV and FL both will enforce foreign alimony judgments, it is just that the process for doing so is not like enforcing child support. NV and FL will enforce a foreign alimony judgment by the petitioner filing a Petition to Recognize and Enforce Foreign Judgment in the court in FL or NV and present an original copy of the support judgment attached to the petition to recognize. The US Constitution states every state must give full faith and credit to foreign jurisdiction court orders. So, if the petition is filed in either FL or NV courts the courts in those states will enforce the judgments like they enforce any other judgment.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.