Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My Daughter Mother, filed a Retraining Order Against me for

the second, time. I responded...
My Daughter Mother, filed a Retraining Order Against me for the second, time. I responded by filing a Paternity Test Request, identifying my daughter of which she concealed and intentionally ascribed my daughter to a football player and was collecting money from him. Upon her receipt of the Paternity Test Request in 2015 , she ran away, changed her email address and number. How long from the time of receipt of the Paternity Test Request, can issue a Bench Warrant Against Her, for Contempt of Court ?
9/18/2017
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

First, you will need to obtain a court order that says she must submit to a DNA test by XYZ date and have that order served on her at her last known address. If she then fails to show up, then you ask that a show cause order be issued as to why she should not be held in contempt of court. There is no time limit for you to file this and you can file it right away as soon as she misses the DNA test date. If she fails to show for this court hearing too, then the just will likely issue a warrant for her arrest.

Did this answer your question?

Please Note:

(1) This information is for educational purposes only and it may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction. It is not guaranteed to be correct or complete and you should not act or fail to act based on this information alone. This and all other Just Answer disclaimers also apply to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm being accused for a terrorist threat against my daughters Mother, who concealed the birth of my daughter and ascribed my daughter to a football player for he's money. Upon discovering what she did, I have vigorously tried to get a DNA Test, even served her with Paternity Test Request. She disconnected her phone and changed address to run away from taking the test. My Lawyer at present , is Not Pushing for Contempt of Court because she is also a Lawyer. I Will like to Relocate my case, due to the biasedness of the case. I Will like to relocate the case to Los Angeles, due to my current Not doing what he is meant to do , to avoid her getting another restraining order against me, while she is refusing to take a DNA Test, to establish my daughter as my daughter. She has collected millions of daughter of the footballers estate, but refusing me, the biological father of her child. How and what do I do to relocate the case to Los Angeles ?
Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer