Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

In missouri, can an adult be adopted without the natural…

Customer Question
In missouri, can an...

In missouri, can an adult be adopted without the natural father's consent?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have been a stepfather for 35 years and want to adopt my adult children. They all consent, but it would be difficult to get the natural father's consent.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/18/2017
Family Lawyer: Longhorn Lawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Longhorn Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

During this conversation, you might experience some delays while I work with several customers at the same time, or I am preparing a response to you. Please do not click Opt Out expecting a faster response. This results in more delays while waiting for another Expert. I assure you I will help you in due time. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will be asked to give a rating - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated. This is important because this is how I credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: Adult adoptions do not require the consent of the natural parents. Why? When subject children are over the age of 18, they are the age of majority and no longer require parents' consent. The only consent required is that of the adult persons being adopted.

I hope that answers your questions. Please remember to give me credit for doing my job by clicking on 4 or 5 stars at the top of your screen.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Something went wrong and I cannot see my answer, above. I'm posting it again, just in case. Thank you for your patience.

Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will be asked to give a rating - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated. This is important because this is how I credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: Adult adoptions do not require the consent of the natural parents. Why? When subject children are over the age of 18, they are the age of majority and no longer require parents' consent. The only consent required is that of the adult persons being adopted.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going. I see you have reviewed my answer but I have not received credit for it. Do you need more help? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you!

Longhorn Lawyer
Longhorn Lawyer
Longhorn Lawyer, Lawyer