Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can a child refuse to see non-custodial parent, when there…

Customer Question
Can a child refuse...

Can a child refuse to see non-custodial parent, when there is a set "access Visitation schedule"

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

NY

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Ex husband threw them out .. said disowning them.. and now wants to see them. I have not blocked him at all . he just hasn't shown up as my daughters told him they don't wan to see him

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/18/2017
Family Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking if the child gets "veto power" over a judge's order?