Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

Second opinion] My wife's sister and husband attacked my

Second opinion] My wife's sister and husband attacked my wife at our house front porch in front of my children.they were arrested and order if protection instated .our sons school were informed.fast fwd a year not sure what happened to order of protection never told if still active or not .my sister n law n husband as far I know we're court ordered to anger MGT..now my sister in-law works at my son's school as an asst. Or an aide not sure but she has duties in my son's class and recess period .my son is 8 yrs old and is terrified of his aunt .we have him in therapy.. however my wife met w the principal to discuss these issue s and nothing is being to appese the situation the principal has suggested having a talk w my son ..what are right and what legal avenue should I take tyJA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?Customer: Greenville School. Greenville NY 12083JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?Customer: No the Mee Ting w principal was todayJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: I feel cause this is a small town and she knows a lot of people here she gets catered to.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Generally, a restraining order is good for 1 year unless the court orders otherwise. So you need to go to the court where the restraining order was entered and you need to ask the clerk for a copy of that order. If the order is still valid, you need to ask the clerk to stamp the copy as official and take it to the school and they have to honor it. If the order has expired, you need to file a motion in the court to renew the order and then have it served on the school.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.