How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ScottyMacEsq Your Own Question
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 17097
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ScottyMacEsq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is Ohio's law on when child support starts. When the

This answer was rated:

what is Ohio's law on when child support starts. When the mother moves out but they take a year to dissolve their marriage what dated would be the start date to pay child support?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ohio, Hamilton county
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: he has
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Was the father supporting the child during the separation?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just wanted to know if Ohio makes the father pay from the date the wife/mother moves out (her choice) from that date or5 some other date?

Thank you for that additional information. Please give me a few minutes while I type a response. I am still here with you, but it does take a bit of time to type a complete response.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
not sure by this question above if you are wanting a response, or if you are still typing?

Yes, my apologies. My internet went out and I just got it back.

It would start on the date of the filing divorce, not separation, in Ohio. See the case of Trump v. Trump ( It only relates back to date of separation if paternity is an actual issue there.

I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear, but it is the law. I hope that clears things up anyway. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

ScottyMacEsq and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you