Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My son and daughter in law live with us in Idaho. They are…

My son and daughter in...
My son and daughter in law live with us in Idaho. They are parenting two children, ages 10 and 13. My son is not the biological father, and the biological father is unknown and uninvolved. My husband and I have very serious concerns about the welfare of these kids. My son is abusive, has substance abuse and both parents have various mental health issues. My husband and I wish to seek legal guardianship until such time as the two parents receive treatment and can resume their role. We dont wisg to see the kids in the foster care system. Is it possible to do this?
9/18/2017
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

thank you. Sorry about the typos.

It would be possible for you to apply as guardians.It would help if the wife would consent but either way it is possible. You should consider a local family lawyer to petition for guardianship.You have great facts here, you appear to be the best thing in their lives.

I hope you will consider filing here and seeking guardianship of the children. Under the Idaho guardianship statute, “any person interested in the welfare of a minor” may petition a court for guardianship of a minor.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight and wish you the best here.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Idaho State Bar Lawyer Referral Service  

3.73 Google reviews

Attorney referral service in Boise, Idaho

Address: 525 W Jefferson St, Boise, ID 83702

Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

Lawyer for you here

many thanks. We do love all of them.

You are so welcome thanks for rating 5 stars and good luck here.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer