Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Separated in 2006 due her Drugs and Alcohol issues. In 2009…

Customer Question
Separated in 2006 due...

Separated in 2006 due her Drugs and Alcohol issues.In 2009 I agreed to use my credit 9 years ago to buy a house and agreed on a partition agreement of $70k to her in form of me using my credit to by the house and me paying new mortgage for up to 70KFeb 2017 she lost her 150K job and she told me she spend all her 401K, and was broke. I've had to pay her mortgage and bills the last 4 months totaling more than 25K.She agreed in June to sell the house. Now after spending $70K in house repairs to make the house ready for sale, she is refusing to sell.Im now over $130k invested (loans and repairs) on top of the initial $70k partition agreement.I have offers on my house pending, and she just pulled this crap.Im dealing with an mentally unstable person with alcohol and drug issues.What are my options?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in? Has anything been filed or reported?

Texas nothing filed yet

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/18/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 11 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, and resubmit.

Are you now divorced or is the divorce action pending?

Thank you for your cooperation,

we are not divorced. we have been separated since 2006.
bot***** *****ne, she is now blockng the pending sale of the house that she agreed to sell 4 months ago after i spent $70k repairing

Thank you for the information.

Is this agreement in writing?

Do you plan on filing for divorce anytime soon?

nothing in writing. if i must file for divorce,then i will.i was hoping that there would be a way to quickly get in front of a judge to force the sale, or at least have a way to recoop the loss of her not selling after the significant money spent on getting the house ready for sale..she signed the sales agreement with the broker, and even sighed the first offer which fell through.

Thank you for the information.

If there is no written agreement, the only way to force the sale of the home would be to file for divorce and then file Motion for Sale of the Property.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.