Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am wondering what to do if I am in family court case and I…

Customer Question
I am wondering what...

I am wondering what to do if I am in family court case and I cannot afford a lawyer. My wife has a lawyer who has twisted everything, she is narcissitic, and I feel stuck and feel that since I am a male I am getting the bad end of the stick I feel because of that. She has been abusive, and also broken restraining orders. I don't know what to do.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I had a lawyer during the divorce and custody case but now I don't have one. And there is a new motion her lawyer filed To relief the CFI report to the criminal defense attorny so they can use it. They have manipulated many things in the last year.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/17/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
The court may help you get free legal aid as available.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.If you can alert the court of false statements the court will find her less credible otherwise which helps.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"