Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

What is the law concerning filing a false missing person…

Customer Question
What is the law...

What is the law concerning filing a false missing person report?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I waa told it has been.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My husband is almost 85 years and has health issues, he was admitted to the hospital about a week ago and didn't want his children to have any info concerning him or his whereabout because they have caused trouble resulting in trouble with our marriage. The have invaded our privacary and harassed me for 4 years. When they could not get me to release info to the m they filed a report more or less naming me as having something to do with my husbands missing.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2017
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 11 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Did they know that he was not missing when they made the report?