Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Cothran and I am deaf and hard of hearing and I need help…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** and I am deaf and hard of hearing and I need help and try to get both my children back from their grandmother

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

I live in Cleveland ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No i have not talk to any lawyer so far and could not find one

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes they need to know that i am deaf and hard of hearing and i have group of people from Cleveland speech center for deaf and hard of hearing help and support me but we have have not find any lawyer so far

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/16/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Courts generally prefer to have a child live with the parent and will order it on motion on showing you can care for them. Your hardship is not a reason to prevent custody.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Awaiting your reply, thank you!