Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Residents --> what are the current financial requirements to…

Customer Question
For Florida residents --> what...
For Florida residents --> what are the current financial requirements to receive Medicaid or "shared Medicaid?For example, if I am 38 years old with endocrine dysfunction but work 20-36 hours a week @ gross income of about $1200 per month income as single with a shared dependent through a divorce arrangement how would I qualify or not qualify for "Medicaid"?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/16/2017
Family Lawyer: lawyerJ, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
lawyerJ
lawyerJ, Lawyer

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm a licensed attorney. I'm reviewing your question and will respond shortly. Please note, all information is provided for educational purposes only.

You would qualify for Medicaid. In Florida, in order to qualify for Medicaid program, you must be a resident of the state of Florida, a U.S. national, citizen, permanent resident, or legal alien, in need of health care/insurance assistance, whose financial situation would be characterized as low income or very low income. You must also be either pregnant, a parent or relative caretaker of a dependent child(ren) under age 19, blind, have a disability or a family member in your household with a disability, or be 65 years of age or older.

In order to qualify, you must have an annual household income (before taxes) that is below the following amounts:

Household Size Maximum Income Level (Per Year)

1 $15,800

2 $21,307

3 $26,813

4 $32,319

You would qualify both under the prong for 1 household member (if you didn't count your dependent) and also for 2 household members (if you did).

If I've fully answered your question, I'd appreciate a five-star rating. If not, please let me know how else I can assist you.