Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My child takes a school bus to school when the bus driver…

Customer Question
My child takes a...

My child takes a school bus to school when the bus driver came to pick her up to bring her back home the school told me they didn't feel safe giving my child to the bus driver because he didn't know my child name then when I saw the bus driver he told me that the school tried to give him the wrong child so he was unable to bring my child back home...I had to call the school myself and ask where my child was because for a whole hour I was waiting on her bus to come and it never showed up...the school never called me to tell me they still had my child at school until 5pm so I was thinking the worse for my child...also I'm in a shelter ..her school was suppose to provide me with a housing questionnaire...they never did until 2 weeks ago when I was calling complaining on them that they was threatening to give my child seat to another student if she didn't show up for school meanwhile they didn't provide her with a metrocard until the end of August ..she had already began school on august 12..the school was also aware of my situation as I had called and text them and spoke to them..every school has a community coordinator and I never was contacted by them...I also had left my job that day when I was told from the bus company that they didn't know where my child was..I was historical..that footage can be retrieved from the police as my breakdown occurred in a well camerad area..also I have footage of the desk assistant on her reason and her admitting they were wrong..I also have complaints on the bus company through office of pupil transportation and was told the bus company has numerous violations on them and also complained on the school to department of education..please tell me do I have a case because this is ridiculous

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in? Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

New york

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No not as of yet

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
She attends a charter school
9/15/2017
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 8 months ago
Michael Bradley

I would recommend a sit down with the school to make sure everything is settled

potentially there may be a lawsuit here but my concern is for your child first

charter school makes no difference since they are authorized by the state

Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley