Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My ex has some of her belongings in my storage unit, she was…

Customer Question
My ex has some...

My ex has some of her belongings in my storage unit, she was asked to help pay a portion of it until I can go retrieve my things. She paid 1/4 of the payment twice. I sent her a 'nice' email stating that I assume she no longer wants her belongings due to not paying. We had no verbal agreement that we could store our belongings together, she had children that her belongings could have gone to, being the nature of the relationship at that time, it was all stored together. She is now trying to say we had a verbal agreement and throwing legal stuff around. I emailed stating the mental and anxiety stress is to much for me to be dealing with her and her issues of not helping pay. I want to dispose of her property accordingly and not deal with her due to her not paying me. Is that wrong? Does she have any legal standing?

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Live in Texas, storage is in New York She is in Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Does this cost money?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/15/2017
Family Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

You should have been advised of the cost of the question before being directed to an Attorney. My apologies if this did not occur and you are unclear on the cost. The Attorneys do not set prices nor do we have access to customer accounts or customer information. I would like you to know what you would be paying to continue with this question. Please give me a moment to provide the telephone number for Customer Service.