Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I recently got divorced, the judge stated if any party was…

Customer Question
Good morning Lawyer's Assistant:...

Good morning

Lawyer's Assistant: Hello. How can I help?

I recently got divorced, the judge stated if any party was to pay child support it would be me since my ex husband barely makes any money at all. However I would like to file for child support now. Would I be able to file child support so my ex husband gives my daughter some money monthly or would it back fire and I would end up paying?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No I haven't

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's all for now

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/15/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!