Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I need to write up a child custody agreement. Mother lives…

Customer Question
I need to write...

I need to write up a child custody agreement. Mother lives in Costa Rica (she is here visiting now) and Father is US Citizen. Child is 16yo not born in USA but were are actively trying to secure her permanent resident status. Is there a lawyer online that can write up this agreement online for a fee?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

We are in the process of that and need a custody agreement to submit with her papers.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The mother is here until Sunday only. We had asked a friend who is a lawyer to write up the papers for us, but today she was not able to as she had to go out of town suddenly. now we are stuck with little time to get this done.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/15/2017
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am sorry, we cannot actually write any agreements for customers, it is forbidden by state laws. We could provide you a sample custody agreement if you tell us what state it is in? You would have to modify the agreement yourself to suit your needs.

ok - thank you

Did you want something you could use to write your own? If so, let me know what state you are in. If not, let me know so we can close the question.

no thank you - I will contact a local lawyer to write up our agreement.

No problem. Best wishes.

Ely, Counselor at Law