Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Are my spouse's debts my debts also, California, No kinda…

Customer Question
Are my spouse's debts...

Are my spouse's debts my debts also

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No kinda stuck with that spouse has control over all money's and says that I'm not in the account and don't have access even though I have asked repeatedly to see our finances

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Spouse recently took money from 401k and said it was spent and invested is that legal knowing divorce is coming spouse also plans to move leaving me with no ability to find a place seeing how I'm on disability and plans to take children and property is that legal

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/15/2017
Family Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me if you're separated (even if living in the same property, that you're in separate beds / rooms / etc...)?