Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I want to know if guardianship over minor children was

Customer Question
I want to know...

I want to know if guardianship over minor children was awarded in the state of nevada and a judge approved for relocation to california does the guardianship in nevada still stand once the guardians have relocated to california and taken up the guardianship in the state of california. And if so if the guardians and minors were to move back to nevada does the original guardianship still remain or would a new case be required?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/14/2017
Family Lawyer: Longhorn Lawyer, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Longhorn Lawyer

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will be asked to give a rating - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated. This is important because this is how I credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: Yes. If the court granted permission for the guardian to move, then the guardianship will be honored in California and continue in the eyes of Nevada. And f they move back to Nevada, the guardianship exists until terminated.

I hope that answers your questions. Please remember to give me credit for doing my job by clicking on 4 or 5 stars at the top of your screen.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

am i allowed to ask you other things in relation to guardianship laws?

Sorry for the delay. I was offline when you responded.

Sure, that's fine, you can ask more guardianship questions. But I will not be able to answer them immediately, as I have obligations for much of this evening.

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going. I see you have reviewed my answer but I have not received credit for it. I am still here waiting to answer the remainder of your question.

Do you need more help? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you!

Longhorn Lawyer
Longhorn Lawyer
Longhorn Lawyer, Lawyer