Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I filed a petition to modify the parent child relationship…

Customer Question
I filed a petition to...
I filed a petition to modify the parent child relationship in Harris County. I apparently needed to include a document that would effectively ask for a hearing, resulting in whatever documents needed for my process server to serve my ex. I'm having trouble locating this document because I don't know what it is titled. Any ideas?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/14/2017
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 9 months ago
Michael Bradley

do you have a court date?

No. I'm in need of the document that I'm to file to request a hearing but I don't know what it would be called to search for it. I filed the petition only, along with the civil case information form. I assumed the petition was enough, but now it's just kinda sitting out there.
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 9 months ago

I am having trouble find it as well

below is a kit for all the forms

you may want to call the clerk's office

https://texaslawhelp.org/family-divorce-children/toolkit/modification-i-need-change-custody-visitation-or-support-order