Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

We're trying to adopt or child that we've had since he was…

Customer Question
We're trying to adopt...

We're trying to adopt or foster child that we've had since he was an infant had him be a year in two weeks last week they gave us a 10 day notice that they were going to take him and put him up for adoption because we wouldn't be there for the majority of his life is there anyway that we can beat this case

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

We're trying to adopt or foster child that we've had since he was an infant had him be a year in two weeks last week they gave us a 10 day notice that they were going to take him and put him up for adoption because we wouldn't be there for the majority of his life is there anyway that we can beat this case New York we have a 16-year-old son that lives in the house and four-year-old son that lives on the property so even if something did happen does it still have a forever home because it wouldn't be any transition he be here with extended family

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

We have a 16-year-old son that lives in the house and four-year-old son that lives on the property so even if something did happen does it still have a forever home because it wouldn't be any transition he be here with extended familyyes we have a liar we're supposed go to court the 22nd at 1 o'clock but they're want to come and take the baby tomorrow and place them into another adoptive home because you'll be a-year-old the 29th

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes we have a liar we're supposed go to court the 22nd at 1 o'clock but they're want to come and take the baby tomorrow and place them into another adoptive home because you'll be a-year-old the 29thDo you think that we have a chance against DSS going to court if we have a lot of people that are willing to testify and said because we were not told until just a week ago that they were going to not let us adopt the baby so we have already formed that bond that special bond and so so is our 11-year-old 16-year-old child and so is the baby he knows this is mom and dad he said no one but us for twenty four seven a day

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/14/2017
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 11 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You have a right to object to their removal, but it would require you to hire an attorney and file suit in court for the adoption. The problem is these social workers execute their personal bias in cases and are pretty much grossly incompetent and negligent. The only way to fight this with them is that you would have to sue in court for adoption and prove you are not just competent to raise the child but already have a developed bond with the child and allowing you to adopt the child would be in the best interests of the child.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

We go before a judge the 22nd at 1 o'clock but if they're going to remove the baby from lour home tomorrow at afternoon is there anyway that I can stop that they're stating the reason is because we wouldn't be there for the majority of his life

Thank you for your reply.

You would need to get your attorney to file for a temporary injunction preventing them from removing the child until your court hearing. They can file this on an emergency basis and get this done today before they remove the child tomorrow.