Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I was asking about a trust and if it will protect any

Customer Question
I was asking about...

I was asking about a trust and if it will protect any property i may inherit from irs and back child support

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Az

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not by my ex's

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Guess not

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/13/2017
Family Lawyer: Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Gerald-Esquire

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Money that is held in Trust is technically owned by the Trust NOT the beneficiary. Typically an irrevocable spendthrift trust provides the greatest asset protection. This is because the beneficiary of the trust can not access the funds but rather funds are paid to the beneficiary in a monthly stipend and as needed for certain necessities.

The person who would be inheriting the money from would have to establish the trust.

See this article for more information:

http://thomasmurphyaz.com/new-planning-ideas-under-the-arizona-trust-code/

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Your answer is pretty vague i expected a much more thorough answer plus your advertisement was an answer for 5 dollars not 47 dollars I want my money back and I might spare you a bad review

I will notify Customer service that you request a refund.