Longhorn Lawyer
Longhorn Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Knowledgeable in all aspects related to family law matters.
23431962

I was divorced this past Feb but he keeps texting and will

Customer Question

I was divorced this past Feb but he keeps texting and will not leave me alone. I have told him many times if it has to do with the kids he can text me. I don't want to block him because he has my kids after school everyday and every other weekend. Is there anything I can do to stop him from texting me?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Longhorn Lawyer replied 1 month ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

During this conversation, you might experience some delays while I work with several customers at the same time, or I am preparing a response to you. Please do not click Opt Out expecting a faster response. This results in more delays while waiting for another Expert. I assure you I will help you in due time. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Hi there,

Sorry for the long delay. Thank you for your patience.

What kind of texts are they? Unrelated to the children, I presume?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They have nothing to do with my kids. They are about our marriage and about my new partner.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He text her and he drives by my house. He threating me to take my kids away because I am with someone else now.

Hi there,

I am so sorry for the delay. I had to log off for the day before I could answer you.

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will be asked to give a rating - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated. This is important because this is how I credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: According to Texas law, sending repeated electronic communications in a manner reasonably likely to harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment, embarrass, or offend another is harassment. It is a Class B misdemeanor.

This can be found under Texas Penal Code §​42.07(a)(7).

You can file a complaint with the police department that you are being harassed. Show them the text messages that harass you. They will take it from there.

I hope that answers your questions. Please remember to give me credit for doing my job by clicking on 4 or 5 stars at the top of your screen.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going. I see you have reviewed my answer but I have not received credit for it. Do you need more help? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you!