Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Is a court order still valid if the ex spouse gets

Customer Question
Is a court order...

Is a court order still valid if the ex spouse gets remarried

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the court order was issued in?

Illinois in 1994, i went pro se and got mess up.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes at the time, i made the mistake of agreeing to let her recieve some of my pension after giving her the house and alimony for 2 years

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/13/2017
Family Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank you for posting your legal question today. Alimony awards in Illinois cease upon remarriage of the receiving spouse but the arrears before the remarriage remain due.

Other agreements besides alimony would need a court order to be set aside;

That is unless otherwise agreed in the divorce stipulation.

We are here to help.

Please follow up with me if you require additional clarification.

In return remember to rate positively today.

This is how I get a credit for my time and assistance.

You do this by rating 5***** , 4**** or better.

SO I hope you rate FIVE STARS today

Thank You

Attorney Bill

Ok thanks there is no arears

Your welcome ,

Just a reminder:

remember to rate positively today.

SO I hope you rate FIVE STARS today

Thank You

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer