Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Looking for information on how to have a marriage annulled…

Customer Question
Looking for information on...

Looking for information on how to have a marriage annulled in Idaho when one party is n the military in texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

The marriage was in Idaho and the military member lives in texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Her sergeant

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They've never lived together as a married couple

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/13/2017
Family Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

One of the biggest issues in a divorce is where to file, and having a person who is in the military can complicate that a bit. How long has your spouse been in Texas? How long have you lived in Idaho? Did your spouse ever live in Idaho, or were they previously stationed there? What state was your spouse a resident of before joining the military?

Also, annulment is a specific legal proceeding that requires special grounds. What is your reason for seeking an annulment?

Did you still need help with this?